Unclaimed Property Reporting
You may report any time your items meet the five year dormancy requirements. As holders, you are encouraged to check your records often to determine if you have any property for which you have been unable to locate the owner and/or heirs for the past five years.
All holders are encouraged to report electronically, especially for reports with 10 or more records.
Before submitting a report, please note the following:
- Before sending any security-related transfers, either by DTC or Mutual Funds, holders must notify our custodian, Beverly Graves, so a receipt can be set up. You can reach her at email@example.com or 601-208-5067.
- All CDs must be in the NAUPA Engrypted format (.hde).
- Text files (.txt) or standard Excel Spreadsheets (.xls or .xlsx) will not be accepted.
- Worthless stock and non-transferable stocks will not be accepted.
- Do not submit zero-value reports.
To report online, select one of these secure holder reporting platforms:
Mail Forms, CDs, and Checks Payable to:
Office of the State Treasurer
Unclaimed Property Division
P.O. Box 138
Jackson, MS 39205-0138
- Review our Frequently Asked Questions.
- Email Us: UPReporting@treasury.ms.gov
- Call Us: (601) 359-2513