Unclaimed Property Reporting
You may report any time your items meet the five year dormancy requirements. As holders, you are encouraged to check your records often to determine if you have any property for which you have been unable to locate the owner and/or heirs for the past five years.
All holders are required to report electronically, especially for reports with 10 or more records. Paper reports will no longer be accepted.
Before submitting a report, please note the following:
- Before sending any security-related transfers, either by DTC or Mutual Funds, holders must notify our custodian, Beverly Graves, so a receipt can be set up. You can reach her at firstname.lastname@example.org or 601-208-5067.
- All CDs must be in the NAUPA Encrypted format (.hde).
- Text files (.txt) or standard Excel Spreadsheets (.xls or .xlsx) will not be accepted.
- Worthless stock and non-transferable stocks will not be accepted.
- Negative reports are not required..
To report online:
- Holder Reporting – Home (unclaimedproperty.com) This is a new systems for 2021 – you will need to create a new account.
Mail Forms, CDs, and Checks (less than $10,000) Payable to:
Office of the State Treasurer
Unclaimed Property Division
P.O. Box 138
Jackson, MS 39205-0138
- Review our Frequently Asked Questions.
- Email Us: UPReporting@treasury.ms.gov
- Call Us: (601) 359-2513